Harvest Intern Job Description 2016
Wine by Joe/Dobbes Family Estate in Dundee Oregon is hiring for the upcoming grape harvest. We are a diverse company with two different cellars that produce 3 in house labels in addition to several custom crush labels. Opportunities are available in both our large scale and our boutique production facility.
Our winery processes over 3,000 tons of fruit and though Pinot Noir is our flagship, we also make Pinot Gris, Syrah, Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc, and were the first producers in Oregon to make Grenache Blanc and Viognier!
The position will start around mid to late August until the first of November with the possibility of extension for workers with a great work ethic and attitude.
Job Duties include:
- Processing and sorting fruit
- Sanitize equipment, chemical handling
- Racking and transferring with pumps
- Punch downs
- Cleaning, filling and emptying barrels
- Making additions, weighing and measuring chemicals
- Working long hours (night/day, weekdays and weekends)
- Completing and filling out work orders accurately
Successful Candidates Will Have:
- Ability to lift 45 pounds
- Capability of climbing ladders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Both reading and writing comprehension of English
- Attention to detail and can receive and complete work orders accurately
- Basic math skills
- Tolerance for working in extreme temperature environments
- A great attitude and punctuality
- At least 2 harvests experience, though this is not required.
All training is provided on site.
This position does not include housing or transportation, but we will endeavor to help you find it should you require it.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.